Welcome to "MY" world of CCM (Contemporary Christian Music). It's basically a place where I can discuss and pay tribute to the music and artists that have influenced me and that I've grown up listening to, and list the albums I own by these artists. I have close to 1,800 albums so it may take me a while to get everything up. Notice it says "CCM"! That includes every genre in Christian music!!! Not just pop, hip-hop, worship, alternative or metal, but all kinds! Enjoy...















Monday, November 15, 2010

The Winans - Return (1990)

01 It's Time
02 Everyday The Same
03 Don't Leave Me
04 A Friend
05 Gonna Be Alright
06 When You Cry
07 Together We Stand
08 This Time It's Personal
09 Free
10 Wherever I Go

What can I say about this awesome album? Well, to start, it was like no other Winans material I had ever heard. My earliest memory of The Winans was probably somewhere in 1985 listening to the song "Tomorrow" on the local religious radio station. I love that song, but was totally blown away the first time I heard "It's Time". This could not be the same Winans brothers, could it? It was indeed and the entire album is great from beginning to end. It did have it's controversial moments when they used Teddy Riley to produce and sing in it. It also had some notable musicians on it like Stevie Wonder playing harmonica and singing in "Everyday The Same" and Kenny G playing some beautiful sax on "When You Cry". Sadly, the second eldest brother Ronald died in 2005 after a long battle with a heart ailment. He may be in Heaven now, but his legacy will live on through the wonderful music The Winans put out over the years, and "It's Time" will forever be one of the greatest songs in CCM history! The only info I've found on the brothers is that Marvin is pastor at Perfecting Church in Detroit, Michigan. He can be reached at http://www.perfectingchurch.org/

No comments:

Post a Comment