Welcome to "MY" world of CCM (Contemporary Christian Music). It's basically a place where I can discuss and pay tribute to the music and artists that have influenced me and that I've grown up listening to, and list the albums I own by these artists. I have close to 1,800 albums so it may take me a while to get everything up. Notice it says "CCM"! That includes every genre in Christian music!!! Not just pop, hip-hop, worship, alternative or metal, but all kinds! Enjoy...















Monday, November 15, 2010

Lou Rawls - Amen (2005)

1  Medley: I Don't Feel No Ways Tired/Please Be Patient With Me  
2  Oh! Happy Day  
3  How Great Thou Art  
4  Peace In The Valley  
5  Blessed Assurance  
6  Jesus Be A Fence All Around Me  
7  Medley: Nearer My God To Thee/I Touched The Hem Of His Garment/Were You There?  
8  He's Got The Whole World In His Hands  
9  Amazing Grace  
10  That's Heaven To Me  
11  Just A Closer Walk With Thee  
12  Amen  
13  His Eyes Are On The Sparrow  
14  Thank God For Standing By Me  
15  People Get Ready  
16  You've Got To Move

I've always liked Lou's voice and was really impressed when I heard he was releasing a gospel album in '05. So I just had to have it and it's actually very good. He does a lot of the older hymns and church songs we all know and does them with some pretty well known choirs like the Georgia Mass Choir and the Mississippi Mass Choir. Sadly, Lou Rawls died of cancer in 2006. He was 72. He will always be remembered for his awesome voice and the charity work he did for the United Negro College Fund, helping raise over $200million for them.

No comments:

Post a Comment